Juvenile Probation Violation
Protecting The Future of Juveniles Who Violated Probation
When your young person was sentenced to juvenile probation, you may have breathed a sigh of relief. But you probably didn’t know how much work was going to be for your son or daughter and for you. You didn’t realize:
- The juvenile Community Supervision Officer (probation officer) was going to have a lot of involvement with your family
- There would be reporting requirements that had to be met, on time
- School and work attendance would be monitored and if your child skipped school, you were going to get a call
- The probation officer (P.O.) will keep track of who is living in your house
- If drug testing was ordered, your young person has to stay clean all the time, otherwise they violate probation
Probation is not a game. It’s something that you need to actively manage. If you aren’t used to how the juvenile probation system works, this can be difficult to live with.
I’m Matthew Maddox, a juvenile criminal defense attorney. I am passionate about protecting the rights and futures of young people in McKinney, Texas, and the surrounding communities of Plano, Frisco and Allen. If you’ve been told your young person violated probation and has to go back before a judge, call my office immediately: 972-373-3635.
Fighting For Your Child’s Future
There are times when a mistake has been made and probation requirements can be challenged. If that applies to your case, I will tell you so and we can strategize an approach to the judge.
But as a practical matter, the judge is going to believe the probation officer over a parent or the young person who is on probation. So now that a probation violation has been reported, we need to minimize the consequences.
Furthermore, we need to develop a plan to ensure your child can successfully complete any additional juvenile probation requirements. That’s the goal, after all, to get this over and done with so you can go back to living your lives. I can help you get there.
Contact Me For Help With Juvenile Probation
Come into my office to talk. If there is a case to fight, I’ll fight it every step of the way. But I will also take the time to explain the probation system, how it works, what you can expect and how you can succeed and put this behind you.