Location: McKinney, Texas
Fax: 972-546-2495 (Fax)
Email: Email Me
Matthew Maddox was born and raised in Moore, Oklahoma. He obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma in Journalism. Prior to law school, Matthew married his beautiful wife, Jennifer and they have been blessed with two children, Jackson and Austen.
Matthew's early career focused on commercial litigation in a large law firm. He quickly discovered his passion for criminal defense after winning his first jury trial, a federal drug conspiracy case. Since then, he has represented thousands of clients with charges ranging from murder to marijuana possession.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Offenses
- Sex Offenses
- Juvenile & Teenager Defense
- Criminal Mischief
- Family Law
- Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2019
- Oklahoma College of Law
- J.D. – 1996
- Graduated – Summa Cum Laude
- Served as Note Editor for the Oklahoma Law Review
- Received the prestigious Order of the Coif
- Received seven American Jurisprudence awards
- J.D. – 1996
- University of Oklahoma
- B.A. –
- Major: Journalism and Professional Writing
Certifications, Honors and Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers– Top 100: 2018
- The National Trial Lawyers– Top 100: 2019
- The National Trial Lawyers– Top 100: 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association, Former Director and currentmember
- Collin County Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association
Recent Blog Posts
What Are The Penalties in Texas for Family Violence Charges?
Do You Need to File Domestic Violence Charges in Texas?
Have you been charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia?
Texas Sting Ends in Suicide Before Man Can Be Exonerated for Online Solicitation of Minor
Texas is 4th Worst State for Drunk Driving Accident Deaths